Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!!! Charger Clip Needed For Early Steyr
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
I need a charger clip (or clips) for the early Steyr turnbolt action (in any caliber, military or civilian). This is the 1892 or 1893 type action, not the straight pull bolt 1895 type action. It is the type that drops out of the bottom of the magazine after the last round is chambered. See pictures below for clip and action type. I only have one clip and it would be a disaster if if got lost or damaged, as the rifle would no longer function as a repeater. Any help is greatly appreciated.

In a worst case scenario I may have to find someone to fabricate a new one, but would prefer to find an original to modify.

Thanks,
Jim

-

-

[ 12-03-2003, 05:25: Message edited by: mbogo375 ]

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you checked with Numrick Parts yet?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Dave,

As far as I can determine they are only listing clips for the Model 95 straight pull. This will definitely not fit the receiver opening or catch mechanism (I have one that I tried and it is not even close enough to modify) [Frown] .

Jim

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
That looks like a .375x2-1/2" Rimmed. Is it? I have had several of those and loved them all.

Anyway, if you really need a clip, please contact me directly at my e-mail.

AC

[ 12-04-2003, 09:17: Message edited by: Alberta Canuck ]

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
AC,

You have an excellent eye. It is indeed a 375x2.5 Rimmed Nitro Express. It is a great shooter, and I would hate to be "clipless". I will email you.

Thanks,
Jim