THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington ADL or Winchetser Blackshadow?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 2 brand new rifles that I have won over the past few years at RMEF banquets. I plan on keeping one just for the action to do a custom rebarreling job. I can't decide which one. The Remington is an ADL in 25-06; it is a special run chambering. The other is a Winchester black shadow (push feed) 30-06, last year's RMEF sponsors rifle. You can ignore their chambering again I plan to use the action only for a rebarrel job. So, which one should I use and which one goes up for sale?

Thanks.

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-ROY:
I have 2 brand new rifles that I have won over the past few years at RMEF banquets. I plan on keeping one just for the action to do a custom rebarreling job. I can't decide which one. The Remington is an ADL in 25-06; it is a special run chambering. The other is a Winchester black shadow (push feed) 30-06, last year's RMEF sponsors rifle. You can ignore their chambering again I plan to use the action only for a rebarrel job. So, which one should I use and which one goes up for sale?

Thanks.

C-ROY

I love my old P64 Winchesters but for accuracy type ahooting and similar I like the Rem 700 action and it seems to resale better most of the time given equal wood/type stock and similar.......I would look at the fit and specs on each of your actions and make sure one or the other doesn't have any serious flaws that can't be cleaned up in tunning/rebarreling....either way you get the fun of building a new toy and enjoy the process....good luck and good shooting!!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sell the Black Shadow.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<jd_1>
posted
"ditto" keep the 700