Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Mauser Bases (quick detach)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

Well my Brno 21 trade didn't come off, but I got close, a Brno made Peruvian Modelo 1932, small ring, action is in beautiful condition, smooth as snot.

I already have a bolt job sorted (if I don't get killed for modifying an fairly rare rifle in original condition) but don't know about bases. I can't afford full custom bases, but would like something sculpted and a bit nice like conetrols for instance. As far a sI know though conetrols are not quick detach.

What other options are avalaible for a small ring (and this one has the higher cjharger clip "ears", and I'd rather not grind them off)

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I am in a similar situation to you with a project. After a lot of searching and brainstorming I determined the best route is to have custom bases made. I am going to have a very extremely low profile 3/8" dovetail bases to fit Warne Premier QD rings made for the rifle. The bases will be contoured on the sides to give a more pleasing look. The rear base will be contoured to fit the back of the charging hump. Like you - mine has the high hump and I really like the look of it and dont want to alter it. By having the lowest profile possible bases made it will still show off the high hump and allow scope use without being obtrusive.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Berger - thanks for your suggestion. I had a look at some previous posts and am I right in assuming you intend to use Warne Premier QD rings ?? . . . and that these are no longer made ??. Here I'm not likey to be able to score a set of them, so I'll have to think of some alternative. May I ask how much you think it might cost to have the custom bases made ??

Cheers

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
contact simba ring system=d.ragar@mchsi.com for the best detachable rings made. Still need a set of bases. I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response at the tulsa gun show to our new rings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Katiesguns for your suggestion - the Simba rings are surely the finest looking rings I have seen, however the cost is more than just a little beyond my current budget.

Foster

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Something different that looks really nice and custom check out some previous posts about Gila River Gun Works and Micheal Scherz bases.
They look like square bridge Mauser front and rear bases but they are not expensive and will fit Talley rings.
Very very nice.

Here I added a picture of AR member "TC1" fine looking Mauser with Michael Scherz bases.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Snellstrom

Thanks for this lead, there are indeed very nice looking bases, I will follow this up.

Do you know if he is still based in Yuma, there is nothing on the web about him/contacts etc that I can see, so will have to try the telephone directory, and location is very useful for those sort of searches.

Thanks - Foster

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Tentman,
He moved his shop last fall from Arizona to Idaho.
His phone number is 928-580-0976.
Good luck with your project.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Another guy that does these is our very own Mark Stratton. Mark's a little behind right now, but hopefully he'll be caught up soon. Here is a pair he did on a 1910 Mexican for me a year or two ago.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you can get Talleys for the small ring, I went with S&K rings and bases for my 1910 Mex, but they aren't QD

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Terry I hope you don't mind me posting your picture above, I just love that rifle and those bases, ( I've got some for my M70 in .375 H&H )
I did try to give you photo credits!

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Terry I hope you don't mind me posting your picture above, I just love that rifle and those bases, ( I've got some for my M70 in .375 H&H )
I did try to give you photo credits!

No I don't mind. I enjoy looking at eveyone's rifles. If I see one of mine pop up every now and then that's cool too. I think it's kinda neat someone would think enough about one of my rifles to save a picture of it Wink. I took a real nice buck with that rifle this year. When I saw the picture you posted that's the 1st thing that came to mind thumb

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tentman wrote:
"What other options are avaliable for a small ring (and this one has the higher cjharger clip "ears", and I'd rather not grind them off)"

I have photos of a unique scope mount created for the peruvian mauser type tall charger hump.

I need a volunteer to host them though...

Posts: 160 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Email them to me and I will post them for you.

wberger70@hotmail.com

William Berger

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Posting for uwave:

William Berger

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for posting.

This is a Fabrique Nationa1e 1935 FN Peruvian.

Note how the rear charger hump was used to make the rear base.

The inside of the clip slot was welded up and the backend of a redfield one-piece base was welded on.

This was done by a ACGG gunsmith out of California - I dont remember who though.

Posts: 160 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote