New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith for shotgun to Double Rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I seem to remember that about 7-8 years ago there was a gunsmith in TX that would convert a 12ga Sxs to a 45-70 double rifle using eccentric inserts so it could be regulated. He would only do it on guns with a third fastener. It was reasonably priced, under $1000 if I recall.

Anyone have info?

Rob

Posts: 1690 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't know if this is the guy. i had one built by dick stullcup out of odessa,tx. he would regulate it to your load and your specified distance and then solder the cams so they wouldn't move. when i had him do the job he told me his rifles were real popular in upstate new york. i had it done several years ago and the bill was less substantially less than one thousand dollars. i supplied the charles daly s/s shotgun from japan as the base.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick Stickley used to do it on 20 ga S/S's usually brownings. His price was well over $1,000 and from the work involved, it should be.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neither of those names ring a bell but thanks. The guy I'm thinking of had a web page about it but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1690 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
found one-

quote:
"Daniel Frank's Custom Gunsmithing

540-731-3087

Caters to side by side shotguns,cape guns, drillings, vierlings and double rifles to .600 nitro express, also double shotgun to double rifle conversions. Specializing in the restorations and repairs of side by side rifles/shotguns, cape guns, drillings, vierlings, bolt guns, ( high grade), restocking, checkering, slow rust blueing, engraving-(Germany's best), side by side shotgun to double rifle conversions to .600 Nitro Express and much more."

http://www.gunsforsale.com/gunsmith.htm

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Anychance you're thinking Texas and mean South Dakota?

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/rgs1/index.html

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote