New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bottom metal and Winchester Classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have noticed that if one uses the Blackburn bottom metal for the Winchester classics that either the trigger has to be modified or the bottom metal has to be modified.

Is that also the case with the Wiebe bottom metal and any other aftermarket bottom metal made for the Classics.

Also, for engineering types, how long does a pivot have to be to work effectively. I was putting a bottom metal on a winchester and noticed that I had to modify the box becasue the pivot was quite long. Seems to be the case on some of the mauser Mark X bottom metals as well. Just how long does that pivot "need: to be.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
and any other aftermarket bottom metal made for the Classics

Not with the Williams Firearms bottom metal. I have one a Pre-64 and a Post-64 Long Action and neither one required mods, of course, they don't have integral boxes.

http://gunloads.com/clients/wi...1826cd5fbcf670b25299

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am talking about the width of the trigger. So on the Williams units the trigger hole is wide enough to accomodate the relatively wide trigger that comes with the Model 70 Classics.

How about the pivot hitting he magazine box?