Tools

Can an older FN Hi Power be dry fired?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
S/N 0XXX0

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive been dry fireing mine for 60 years and not a problem, mine is the early Selcia marked Hi Power..great gun..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Ray. I've had mine for quite a few years but only lately decided to carry it and therefore practice is required. Especially for the us old, untalented guys. I realize it's sacrilegious, so don't let it out, but I much prefer the HiPower to a 1911.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t hurt to dry fire a 1911 and the High-Power system is about the same when it comes to dry firing. Can’t hurt a thing.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Won't hurt it, but snap caps are cheap, or dummy rounds with silicone instead of primers. That will allow you to practice tap and rack drills as well.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote