Find
Notify
Tools

Austin & Halleck 420
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted
Does anybody know what the action is based on? I'm wondering what current commercial stock blank could be used to get started with the inletting.
Thanks

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Austin & Halleck 420

I have one, the barreled action was made in Spain.

I was able to pick up a synthetic stock on eBay a while back, you may want to keep an eye out.

If there are any measurements you need I would be glad to take them for you, I still have the original maple stock.

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi rusty,

the action its own. it is round. you might be able to adapt a remington stock to create a pattern.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
quote:
Austin & Halleck 420

I have one, the barreled action was made in Spain.

I was able to pick up a synthetic stock on eBay a while back, you may want to keep an eye out.

If there are any measurements you need I would be glad to take them for you, I still have the original maple stock.

Thank you, both. Recoil Rob, What's the OD of the action? and how long from the barrel face to the front of the bolt handle? That will give me a rough estimate of what I can start with. Then to decide if I want to buy a barreled action to play with.

Thanks again.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, will get back to you with that today or tomorrow.

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here you go, it's a piece of pipe with a 1.178" O.D.

From the front of the receiver back to the front of the bolt handle cutout is 6-3/8".

On the left side the receiver is 6-3/4" long

The barrel octagon is 1" across.

The mounting block that is dovetailed into the bottom of the receiver hangs down 9/16"fro the bottom of the receiver, is 5/8" wide and 1-1/8" long.