New
Find
Notify
Tools

re-stocking an Interarms Mark X long action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The barrel will be a #3 contour. My question is will a large-ring 98 mauser stock fit without major issues? Or, do I need to find a stock specific to the Mark X?

In short, what stocks will fit it?

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of
Congress...But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Any 98 Mauser stock will work. Stocks cut for the MK10 specifically have a cut for the safety button/lever and sometimes a longer mag opening. It is a 98. I have a semi Inletted Mannlicher stock for a MK10 if you are interested, PM me.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have several patterns I can cut you. The MKX like dpcd said has a side safety and often a MKX stock has that cut. I happen to cut mainly what I would call a commercial. No safety and the front guard tang is shorter so it will fit a commercial, MKX and even military with a touch of cutting.

Often a M98 stock has the bottom inletting cut to fit a commercial bottom. Leaving a gap in front of the front guard tang.

So long answer is use a MKX or commercial inletting. Only use a M98 if you are sure the front guard tang is cut short.

By the way all MKX actions are the same OAL. The short 243 style has a spacer in the box. The 375 has an extension on the front of the box. All MKX will fit in any MKX stock regardless of original chambering.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote