New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackburn Small Oberndorf trigger bow
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a picture of a Blackburn TG with their Oberndorf bow rather than the standard Blackburn bow?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Swift Bullet Co. they bought out Blackburn and they have made some additions and discontinued some stuff I think..worth a email.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing on their website that indicates what style is pictured. Just thought someone might have one laying around.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a photo, but I have seen one that was made, I am pretty sure, before Swift started making them.

It looked very much like a 1909 Argentine style bottom metal.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, let me rephrase the question: what are the differences between the standard Blackburn and the Blackburn "Oberndorf" trigger bows?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen the standard Blackburn Bow has more of an egg or oblong appearance to it, whereas the "Oberndorf" Bows appear more rectangular, especially in the front part of the Bow. Perhaps the drawings on a very old brochure might be of some help, but would only be correct if Swift is making them the same shape that Blackburn made them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's perfect! I doubt Swift has changed the CNC programs.

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
A little off topic but has anyone got an email address for Swift? I'd like to enquire about ordering a Blackburn bottom metal unit from them for a SS M70 Classic & have tried their online enquiry feature on their website a couple of times but can't seem to get a reply from them.

I'm not in the US so ringing them isn't my preferred option.

Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mmMagnum:
A little off topic but has anyone got an email address for Swift?
contact@swiftbullets.com?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A recent inventory list from them indicated that they do have the Model 70 Classic bottom metal in stainless steel available.

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
That's the contact email listed on the website isn't it? I've tried that one, they don't answer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you have to "ring" them if you want to place an order for bottom metal.

785-754-3959

If you cannot "ring" them send me a PM and I will ring them for you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just as an aside, but I have compared the Swift Blackburn next to the original stuff and the new stuff is quite disappointing.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
That's very disappointing to hear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Just as an aside, but I have compared the Swift Blackburn next to the original stuff and the new stuff is quite disappointing.

In what way?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The lines were bad, it was sloppy, and where the plate straddles the bow the width of the bow was flush. It was not as well done and easy enough to spot.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote