Find
Notify
Tools

Re: ?s about new bbl.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anywhere from 100.00 to 600.00. It depends on what you are looking for. Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an old K-98 in 8MM and am wondering what it would cost to put a new barrel on it as the current one is shot, no pun intended. Any responses?

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
An FTC barrel from Douglas will run about $160, fitted about $75 and bluing add another $50.

We haven't added any heat treating (recommended by many on this forum), nor bolt handle alteration, drilling and tapping, safety alteration, trigger etc.......

I strongly suggest that before one rebarrels a '98 mauser he look down the road.....it's not a cheap road.....and can be very personally rewarding in terms of owning a work of art.....but make sure that's what you want.

In the end a new M-70 will cost less!!!!

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vapodog's suggestion of just buying a new rifle is prob'ly the best thing for me to look into. If I could find a used bolt action in 8X57, I'd be happy w/ that. 'Specially if it had a scope on it.

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote