Find
Notify
Tools

Question about the new M700's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted
A friend of mine just bought a new M700. The first thing I noticed is that it did'nt have the key-lock safety on the bolt. Did Remington go back to the old 700 without the intigral key lock? Are they all that way now? The guy who owned the rifle told me that Rem changed the safety and now they no longer need the locking system. From what I could tell, the safety appeared to be the same, but thats what the salesman told him. I never liked the intigral key lock on the 700's.

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington is no longer using the "J Lock". Why? Ya got me! Maybe somebody here will have the answer.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mousegun:
A friend of mine just bought a new M700. The first thing I noticed is that it did'nt have the key-lock safety on the bolt. Did Remington go back to the old 700 without the intigral key lock? Are they all that way now? The guy who owned the rifle told me that Rem changed the safety and now they no longer need the locking system. From what I could tell, the safety appeared to be the same, but thats what the salesman told him. I never liked the intigral key lock on the 700's.

It couldn't be that they were actually listening... That would be too easy!

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by malm:
It couldn't be that they were actually listening... That would be too easy!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I don't believe the safety has changed, but apparently somebody DID listen to everyone who didn't like the j-lock.

For whatever reason it happened, it's good news.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again...

Illion or not, they once made accurate rifles.

Wink

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote