New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some info about Single Action Army
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Cimarron SAA in 45 Colt. Really nice piece...its the limited edition Rough Rider version. Anyways...gun broke a while back....the two pronged spring that holds the bolt up to lock the cylinder in place when the hammer is cocked...that spring broke....

went and ordered a couple new ones from cimarron...took forever to get here...but thats another story...

anyways...when i put the new spring in...i tightened the screw that holds it in place until it was just slightly snug..put it all together and it wouldnt hold the bolt up...took it apart..added more tension to the spring...didnt work..kept going in 1/4 turn incriments until i got it so the bolt engages the cylinder and locks it in place....

i was wondering if there is a better way to get the right amount of tension? any tricks or tips for this process?

thanks

<JBelk>
posted
Sharps shooter---

The bolt-trigger spring is the weakest part of a Colt and every revolver that uses the same part.

The proper tension is with the spring clamped firmly between the screw head and the frame. Tighten the screw down and keep that extra spring super glued to the inside of a grip panel so you don't lose it. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are some people, Heine is one I think and possibly Wolff gunsprings that make a wire spring for that purpose. Put one in my New Frontier Colt and it worked like a charm. Might fit Cimarron clones. The springs are cheap and work great. I know Brownells Gunsmithing Supplies carries them.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote