Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Accu trigger question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted
I have a bit of a problem with my Savage accu trigger. If i close the bolt slowly to moderately it works fine but if I close the bolt quickly it locks up. Anyone else have this problem? I think it started with a hot load which was a factory load with sticky bolt lift. Not sure how that would cause this problem but that is when it started. I don't really want to take it apart until the season is over because it's shooting i/2 inch groups with reloads and Accubond 140's. Hope someone has a solution.
Take care
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, your 270 WSM isn't very old!
Does the bolt release easy enough?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
The bolt works fine just the trigger locks up if you close the bolt quickly.
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
It might be that the gun moved in the stock and the trigger is binding on the stock, or your action screws are loose.

Loosen action screws move stock if you can and re tighten the screws and see if that helps.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may have it adjusted to light for the sping in the trigger. Tighten up the pull weight just a bit and see if your problems go away.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote