New
Find
Notify
Tools

pre-64 M70 "take off" parts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How much do pre-64 M70 "take off" parts go for. I'm referring specifically to things like stocks, take off barrels, bottom metal, and anything else besides the action. Obviously the answer to this question depends on condition, but lets assume "used, but not abused" and all in working order.

Just curious,
Bob

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
That is so dependant on many different things.

Condition, like you said. Selling parts one at a time or in bulk. All the parts together would probably go faster, but bring you less money. Same with retail price versus selling to a gunsmith/maker. Another big condition is whether the part are in original condition or refinished.

Generally, you shouldn't have any trouble selling the parts. It's how fast do you want to sell.

Do you have parts for sale. What caliber...etc?

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold a bunch this last year. Here is what I got and remember.
Front sight hoods 10
bottom metal 35-45
trigger guards 25-40
sights 15-25

I bought a stock recently for 45

I think these are correct.You could do a search of classified to be sure.
Good luck
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank's figures are about right, but I have seen used (good condition) stocks fetch as much as $150.00

Posts: 594 | Location: MT. | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is somebody tring to sell barrels and stocks for pre 64 model 70s. Some stocks he wants as much as a whole rifle. He must be pretty proud of what he has .

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote