New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharpening
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where does a hobbiest like myself get a chamber reamer sharpened?? Thanks guys.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave Manson at Manson Reamers does it, and I'd suspect that Dave Kiff also sharpens reamers. Who made the reamer?

Note that the price will depend on the amount of damage. IOW "normal" dulling is one thing, but if the front end of the reamer has been burned (easy to do when cutting stainless) than the price will be higher (I have one that needs to be cut back, just for that reason)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only name it has on it is Fuller Tool. Nothing looks burned on it, just won't cut.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know Fuller Tool as a chamber reamer maker, but anything is possible I guess.
Get ahold of one of the guys I mentioned above (I know Dave Manson posts here now and than) and see what they have to say

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Or, locate a local machine tool sharpener and have them resharpen it. I though Fuller just made brushes. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fuller Tool was a tooling company in the Detroit suburbs during WWII and the post-war period that made the occasional chamber reamer--some were sold through Brownells way back when. Clymer bought the chamber reamer business, with the Brownells connection, from Fuller c.1959.

Fuller chambering reamers were made well for their era, although the specifications to which they were made were sometimes suspect. We'd be glad to inspect it for you and advise whether it's worth re-working--will only cost you postage to find out.

Dave Manson
8200 Embury Rd.
Grand Blanc, MI 48439

Posts: 697 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works for me. I'll be sending it to Dave. Sure doesn't look like its been sitting around all those years. Very well taken care of.