New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Offset Ring Inserts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody know if these offset inserts are available for 30mm scope tubes? i am dealing with a scope that will need a little help making 1000 yards.

when looking at midwayusa.com listing for 30mm Burris Signature rings, the description says offset inserts not available, but in the tech specs it says inserts included.

Also, have read a couple reviews stating that Burris dovetail ring doesnt fit tight in bases other than burris made. Anybody have any experience with that?

Posts: 168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are included with the 30mm Signature ring set. At least they were for the 30 mm Zee rings I bought last week.

If you need them, let me know. You can have the offset inserts that came with my rings. I'll never use them.

As for the dovetail fit, I don't know. I rarely use that style base/ring. I would suspect that it is just manufacturing variation and 90% of the time it fits fine. 10% of the time, you need to do a little adjusting. It isn't hard to tighten dovetail rings. You can peen the dovetail to tighten it.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the burris twist-in dovetail has fit in a redfield base in my experience.

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I usually use the Burris SIGNATURE DD rings with Leupold DD bases and there tight. Only the Signature rings have the inserts. They work great and grip the scope better than aluminum or steel in my opinion. All without any marks on the scope tube.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote