Find
Notify
Tools

Tritium inserts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted
Is anyone aware of a source of tritium inserts for night sights? I'm not interested in buying a sight only the little tubular glass inserts.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These require special licensing from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to procure and dispense. Get a hold of Trijicon and see what they will charge to install their inserts in your sights. They provide the clearest sight picture of any tritium inserts that I know of.

Read more here: http://www.trijicon.com/tritium.html

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Malm,

I did find a source for them, but I would only need 1 or 2 but his minimum order is 10 for $135. I don't know who manufactures them for him but I have asked. Now that I've read the info at Trijicon I'll contact them for a quote to install their insert in my sight.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
FYI, Trijicon's custom shop, I think they said their name was Tool Tech, will drill and insert one of their units for $82.50, so that's the route I will take.

Malm,
Thanks again for their info. I don't know why I didn't think of calling them, I must have 3 or 4 pistols with their sights installed.

Regards,
Brian

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aren't there any trijicon sights available for your particular weapon? That seems pretty steep for 1 insert installed.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote