New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno 601 rechamber?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone ever built a Brno 601 into a 300 WSM? How about rechambering one from .308 Win? If the magbox is long enough, should be a rechamber and bolt face job?Will it feed,or can it be easily made to feed ?

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rembo,
I just looked at a 601 I have and the magazine box is roughly 2.9 inches so I guess it would be long enough. In actual fact a new box would have to be made anyway so one could make it longer as well as wider. There's room. It looks to me to be one of those jobs where you would really have to want to do it. I think I'll barrel this one in 358 Winchester and use that neat little pop-up peep sight. I always liked that feature and wish they still offered it. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3764 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, local guy here was talking about this the other day.Turns out I know where there is a 601 in 308 so I'd thought I'd ask about it.Sounds like too much trouble.....I'll tell him to get a 300 Win mag......or a 308 Norma ;-)

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote