New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Single Six Trigger Tuning
 Login/Join

<peregrinus>
posted
About ten years ago there was a fine article in (Guns?) magazine how to fine tune the trigger for the Ruger Single Six (same design as the Blackhawk as far as I am aware). Does anyone have a copy of it and can send a scan of it to me per e-mail?

Or is somebody aware of a link dealing with this subject?

I have been able to get a fine 2 lb. letoff on my .22 Silhouette model. Now a friend asked me if I could better his New Model Blackhawk�s trigger in .30 Carbine which has a rather coarse 5lb. letoff after some creep. Unfortunately I am unable to find the article again.

Thanking for your kind help in advance

Peregrinus

one of us
posted Hide Post
Easiest way to get a good trigger with the Ruger is a Wolff spring kit, along with the trigger spring and you have a good trigger. I use the 17# mainspring, with the wolff trigger spring to get 2&1/2 to 3# pull. www.gunsprings.com

ShondorP

Posts: 112 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
Peregrinus,

While installing a Wolff spring kit is a quick and easy way to somewhat lighten an action, it also retards the lock time making it sluggish.

Reshaping the sear angle and applying a little polish in the right place will reduce the pull without jepardizing ignition.

Be carefull when setting the sear engagement. If the sear engagement is too light, the transfer bar will not be in the proper position over the firing pin when the hammer falls which will cause a missfire.

Good luck,

Malm