THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question Talley Mounts for CZ. Slippage ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Talley scope mount has only on the back ring a latch that fits into the mortise on the left side of the action to prevent forward slippage of the scope under recoil.

Other makes of mounting systems often have a second stopping part on the base of the front ring.

Have you ever noticed slippage(especially on bigger calibers) when usuing the Talleys ?

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had this problem on a 450 Rigby with the lever QD's. The front ring would slip forward in the dovetail ( as there is no stop) and the scope would slip in the rear ring. An adequate amount of liquid electric tape in the rings and a small tool to torque the levers tight cured the problem. Not impressed with this system and would try the screw lock QD's or the CZ rings with upgraded components. Search this in the forums as there are some excellent comments by RIP and others.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The ring recoil lug did it's job. I had a 375 CZ and had no problems at all; use rosin on your rings and tighten them right.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I actually had the lug almost shear off on my 375 602KK. Scope was a Leupold VX-III 1.5x5. Talley rings must have been rather soft is all I can figure. I put CZ rings on it which have a much more adquate lug on it.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavenknows:
The Talley scope mount has only on the back ring a latch that fits into the mortise on the left side of the action to prevent forward slippage of the scope under recoil.

Other makes of mounting systems often have a second stopping part on the base of the front ring.

Have you ever noticed slippage(especially on bigger calibers) when usuing the Talleys ?

I have had no problems with the on my .375 H&H, 3 of them, or the .404, Left hand models

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote