Find
Notify
Tools

Can you believe this BS?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline. Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on certain concerns. Things such as whether the state law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect businesses like ours. Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligated to safeguard our stockholder's investments.

This is actual quote from the fine folks at the "Sportsmans Guide" regarding the shipping of a front sight pusher to California. Needless to say that they aren't gonna be gettin any of my business, nor will anyone else that cowers to the anti-gunners.

<eldeguello>
posted
I'll betcha Brownell's will send you one!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps there is more here than meets the eye. There are many here in P.R.Kalifornia who resist doing business with any of the Eastern "snobs". I know we unprincipled Californians have met with the same prejudice on occasion.
Also, will California citizens ever get off the dime and oust those boys and girls under the dome who insist on playing nanny to their ovine subjects. Perhaps this is just another gambit to wake us up. Perhaps they have had unhappy dealings with our Geheimer Staats Polizi.
Also, with Branch Davidian and Ruby Ridge and Oshkosh in recent memory, who really wants to tempt fate for a few extra sales?
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can sympathize with them. I have recently ceased doing business in Ca nad NY both. Just not worth the hassle.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She really is looking out for herself with that self breast exam.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I just finished going thru a couple of "Sportsman's Guide" shooting catalogs that came rtecently. They don't indicate any shipping restrictions on gunsmithing tools, including the sight pusher.

I don't see anything about restrictions either, even on their website when ordering, yet here is what they sent:
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Guide Customer,

Thank you for your recent order with us at The Guide. Unfortunately, the following items are restricted to your billing zip code, therefore we can not ship these items to you:

- FRONT SIGHT PUSHER

We have not billed you for any restricted items. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
------------------------------------------------------------
By the way Brownells has already shipped me one!!

Companies like the Guide just cannot suck enough as far as I am concerned and I told them so..

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I have been to their store here in town a few times,but it is mostly a closeout store.I havent been back for years.

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's all kinds of stuff in their catalog that they say the cannot ship to Kalifornia. They won't ship a sight pusher to Ka? Sounds to me like they ain't got the balls to piss off their own front porch.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great little video Ron, just like rifle calibers; the-bigger-the-better jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote