New
Find
Notify
Tools

Octagon .22 barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking around for the availability of a .22 rf barrel (15 twist?) that is octagon in a 26 or 28" Winchester #1 taper (for a rebuilt low wall). Are there any makers other than Green Mountain?

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
Dont know right off the top of my head but is the barrel shot out or cosmetically bad? I ask as you can have them sleeved. Just a thought.
JAG

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAG:
Dont know right off the top of my head but is the barrel shot out or cosmetically bad? I ask as you can have them sleeved. Just a thought.
JAG

\
Jag, the barrel doesn't even exist - I'm shopping for a gun, or action. If I found one that has a rotted out barrel that is okay on the outside, sleaving is the way to go for sure. I have several sleaved rimfire or centerfire barrels. But right now, I want to know what my options are if I run across an action with an unusable barrel - not a lot out there with 8 sides...
Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote