New
Find
Notify
Tools

336 Marlin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to convert my 336 Marlin from a pistol grip stock to a straight stock. Will a finger lever and bottom tang from a Marlin 1895 work on a 336?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes. BUT, the lever cutout for the large cartridge is different than for the smaller 30-30 or .35. When I use 336 levers on 95s, I have to mill out that cutout for the 45-70 rim. It should work as is.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I see you asked this question elsewhere; that makes answering them hard; this conversion can be done with no new parts; I have done it. The PG tangs are not bent; they are solid so a straight one can be made from one. And I have heated and bent levers to make straight, square ones too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your knowledge and reply. I have done some research and found you can do this by filing the bottom tang. I have to check if the serial number is on that part. Can't seem to find replacement parts for an easy conversion.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the SN is there, you don't want to remove that. Filing? That will take you about 3 days. needs to be milled. Or even a grinder wouldn't take too long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have a mill. Thanks