New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kick-Eez or Decelerator?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to put a good pad on my .338 Win Mag to help reduce some of the felt recoil. These are the 2 pads that I have heard the most about. Which would you choose and why? Thanks.

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i like Kick-eez, but they are VERY prone to tearing..

jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe - interesting that you mention tearing. I put a Kick Eze on one rifle a few months ago, an old .30-06 that needed a new pad (the old one had been on the stock for 50 years and was brittle).

Yesterday I took the rifle out of my gunsafe and the pad was torn! I don't know what I may have done to it. The rifle has been from my home to the range and back a few times since I installed the pad, but hasn't been out on a hunt.

This rifle wasn't a hard kicker anyway, but the Kick Eze made it a real pussycat to shoot. I sure don't like that torn pad though, looks like I'm about to lose a whole chunk of the pad, at least one inch long and a half an inch wide on the edge. Have never seen a recoil pad come apart like this. Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
M700,
yep.. I've torn one on the door getting into a stand. yep, i do sit in stands, especially on my friends place.. it's 30 acres, flat, and about 700 acres, if you take the up and down into consideration.

For a 33 or less, I think the decel or just about anyother would be great. but i like kickeez on my biggers guns.. 376, 416, etc, they sure do absorb lots of the sting and spread it out.

I hear the current kickeez are 'tougher" than the old ones, that USED to have to be "frozen" to grind on.

jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
I haven't used any of the new Kick-Eeze pads lately, but they were excellent for the big kickers. The only bitch that I had with them was the shaping of them. Too damn gummy. Although, the Decelerator suffers from that same problem to some extent, but doesn't seem to be quite as bad. The Decelerator seems to work quite well on everything that I've put them on so far, from 06 to 375 H&H.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Most of us who like to shoot the real bad kickers (i.e 500 A2 and up) have all deceided that the Pachmeyer tripple X magnum pads are the way to go. They sure seem to work really well! i have a new Kick-eze pad, but have not even installed it on anything yet due to al;l the bad reports on tearing!-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Rob,

For the Pachmayr Triple Magnum Pad which face texture do you recommend, Leather or Screen? Or is it a "no difference"?

thanks...

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
I have both pads on several guns and prefer the Kick-eze. I have dragged it over rocks, dirt, sagebrush and just about everything else and have not had a problem at all. [Smile]

It does flatten somewhat if you leave it standing in the corner instead of on a gun rack. [Big Grin]

Kick eze pads will go on any future guns I get my hands on.

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have another alternative...the "Limbsaver" pad from Sims Vibration Laboratories. I put one on my Marlin 1895G, and it helped quite a bit there.

Has anyone else tried one of these? The only drawback is a limited number of applications, since they are pre-shaped.

Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kickeez work better, decelerator last longer.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer the decelerator because it isn't ugly. I personally think the triple magnums are too soft but know many guys who like them. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3765 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought and installed One of each ,Kickezz and 752 decelirator. I used a 50 grit belt to grind the kick ezz and it worked like cake. The decelirator was easy to grind also. They are both on 686 beretta shotguns. Now to test drive them...

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have and use several of both. What 500grains said.
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also vote for the Kickeez (500 series), as I got one on my 450 Rigby. I have had no problems with it. It is just as hard as the Decelerator. I also has a Triple X on the 450 Ackley but I have to apologize in advance to my friend Dave (470 Mbogo), as he is a big fan of the Triple X. I think the Triple X sucks as it is too ugly and soft but it is also very effective to slow down the recoil. I think the Decelerator is a good compromise of them all. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a Kickeez on my 358 Norma. It was just too damn ugly, so I covered it up with some pigskin leather. Now it looks pretty good, but it was a little work to cover it. It dampens the recoil good and with the leather on, it is not too sticky. Also, I just put a Deccelerator on my 450 Marlin, Haven't shot it yet since I'm still working on the stock. I think it look a lot better than the Kickeez (without the leather) though.

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have this other Deaccelerator on my .585 as I could not get a XXX. It states in the pachymeyer booklet "good for all day shoots as well as .50 BMG target rifles" it is great, heaps better than the deaccelroator I have on my .416 Rigby I reckon.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
kickeez work better, decelerator last longer.

That has been exactly my experience as well. Given the trouble in doing a good shaping job, I'm leaning more to the Decellerator for the future.

The Pachymahr Triple X sure feels like it woudl be effective, but I haven't tested one on a rifle personally. However, I just don't like the explosed holes. Your preferences may of course differ...

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote