Tools

Something to share
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted
I ran across this and thought I'd share:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48774100

I am not real crazy about the forend tip shape or the bolt handle, but I do think that's a pretty piece of wood wrapped around the rifle.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All it needs is a little deck tape to keep it from slipping out of one hands. Big Grin

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely piece of wood.

Too bad it's ruined with that
shit pc of oak!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or is it ash ? Certainly fixable.

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
description says Chestnut.
Good thing wood is easy to fix, cuz that forend tip give me a case of the gags.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
What would cause someone to put cheap-ass chunk of Oak(I don't care what it says, it looks like oak)on a nice stock like that?? CRYBABY

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Sumpin' tells me that piece won't sell for near the $1400 buy it now price!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to say that I am not impressed. I agree that the wood was nice, too bad it was sacrificed on this abomination. Nothing about this rifle appeals to me. And I agree that it would be a miracle if this sold for the asking price.

I saw an as new Mk X 7mm mag in a really nicely done stock complete with fluer d'lis checkering and the in bow floorplate release at a local shop for $1000. The stock alone would have set the owner back far more than that.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Vin Diesel in Chronicles of Riddick:

quote:
I might have gone a different way.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Charles,

That was funny!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
A ebony tip would be a good fix.

Nice gun otherwise.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet that forend tip is ash. I worked as a cabinet maker for a while and ash was one of the woods we used.
Just think. If you buy that rifle, you get a piece of ash. killpc
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. lol
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
He should have taken the $1200 he said he was offered. No one turns down $1200 FTF to do a deal over the internet for $1400.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote