Does this look like
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
a genuine MAUSER action that might be worth dinging up into a fine custom rifle

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44071025

one of us
posted Hide Post
11 days left and 17 bids allready. I expect it to get over bid.

Too many people watchin the auctions

Id scrap the bolt handle, shroud , and trigger , probably the barrel too.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
11 days left and 17 bids allready. I expect it to get over bid.

Too many people watchin the auctions

Id scrap the bolt handle, shroud , and trigger , probably the barrel too.

Yea, but all of those things together might bring $100. Also, that bottom metal looks an awful lot like 1909 Argentine bottom metal, which makes it worth $75 or more!

one of us
posted Hide Post
22wrf, $75 for the argi bottom metal . Wow. I just passed on 2 complete argentine mausers for $150 a piece cause they both had bolt face primer pits.

I must be a cheap, picky SOB beer beer

jumping

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
I am watching that one also, I'm afraid it will quickly be out of my price to value limit.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
1934 "post office" rifle, similar to the Standard Modell, a military configuration built to circumvent the Treaty of Versailles, see Ludwig Olson page 183.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
22wrf, $75 for the argi bottom metal . Wow. I just passed on 2 complete argentine mausers for $150 a piece cause they both had bolt face primer pits.

jumping

GSP7

Everybody on this AR board is CHEAP. Big Grin

By the way, pits on bolt faces are easily welded up with a tig welder. Where are those two Argies located, and will the seller make a deal on them?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
quote:

jumping

GSP7

Everybody on this AR board is CHEAP. Big Grin

By the way, pits on bolt faces are easily welded up with a tig welder. Where are those two Argies located, and will the seller make a deal on them?

22WRF. the military Argis are gone. I have a tig welder but no mill or lathe. I scored a pre 64 featherwieght 308 and a 1950 highpower 270 for 2ski apiece from that shop so im happy Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Is this not a "Banner" Mauser. It appears to have the banner on the front ring. Now that being said, where did the other parts come from?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
333okh, Thats what I saw also. Whats with that bolt shroud and side safety??

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whats with that bolt shroud and side safety??

I wish they still had the original part! That would make a nice period rifle. Timney trigger with Sunny Hill shroud?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Here's an unaltered example:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44026957

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote