New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 RUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have tried for almost a year to find a take off barrel in 375 RUM. Since I have failed I will most likely have to spring for a new barrel. I will be rebarreling a Stainless Left Handed Rem 700 from 338 RUM to 375 RUM. Would this be a simple project just requiring a new barrel or would I need any feed rail alterations? Any suggestions for a company to handle the rebarreling, fitting and chambering?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Snowolf, look for a takeoff barrel in 375H&H. It will clean up perfect with rechambering. You will have to set the head space anyway so just find a 375H&H and go at it. beer

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good suggestion. Just need to find one about 26 inches long. Any other idea's?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
beerSnowolf, try these contacts I have used in the past.
Justin Grigg, 801 376 9378 griggi@byu.edu
Frank Menchaca panmench@sbcglobal.net
Nathan Wright 208 703 3527 nlw358@aol.com

Tell them that you got their names from Olcrip.
They are good people to deal with and resourceful. thumb troll

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote