New
Find
Notify
Tools

do it your self muzzel break ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
cabela's once offerd a muzzel break that one could install them self. It had a slotted ring that you slipped over the end of the barrel and heated with a propane torch till it turned color ,let cool and break screwed
on.It worked great! I sold the gun a few years back and don't remember the name . The real nice thing about this break, was no down time waiting on a custom job. I have a 300 rum that could really use one,Any one know the name and where i can find it???

thanks for any help!

STILL KNOCKING THEM DOWN ONE AT A TIME!

Posts: 237 | Location: Wesson ms | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's no longer in production, it didn't work out, in fact it was a disaster I understand...A good muzzle break today will cost you a $100 to $150 installed with a thread protector for an extra $15 to $25., not bad on todays market.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I would be highly concerned that any sort of clamp or collet attached brake on a 300 RUM would become a secondary projectile. Your choices are either having the barrel precisely threaded for a screw on break (poorly threaded barrels have been known to have the brake take flight) or an integral brake.

Remember, the hammering that isn't occuring on your shoulder is trying to pound the break off each shot, quite a bit of force!

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Reloader Len I live up the interstate from you in Jennings. I build brakes for $150.00
Give me a call 337-824-6381. Doug

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 11-20-2001).]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote