Notify
Tools

Hill Country Rifles ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had any accurizing work done there

or purchased any of their custom guns?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a left hand Hiil Country rifle built on a Win 70 action, glass stock, 270 WSM. Bought it used. Not sure if Hill Country built the rifle or if they just accurrized it but either way it is worth every penny they charged.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Like-for-like rebarrel and accurized our .270 Wby Mark V several years back. As advertised. Top notch!

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one complete rifle and two re-barrel and accuracy jobs by them. Top notch all the way.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a problematic M7 Rem 260 w/ them right now for accurizing.
Despite my best efforts, the darn thing would not act right. So, I sent it off to the pros at HCR.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply, My fear also is that my wife will count the guns aand bullets I have, and then sell them " for what I told heer they cost".

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They put together Montana action, Lilja barreland a fairlynice piece of Turkish for me. They chambered in 6.5 x 55. Excellent craftmanship and shoots exactly as they say. Excellent people to work with.

Don

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
I've sent two Browning A-bolts to them a 7mm Rem Mag and a 338 Win Mag. The first was a legitimate problem which they corrected and returned it as a phenomenal shooter. The second just because the first came back so nice. They do exceptional work at HCR. I'm planning on sending a third rifle to them this winter.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 378 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote