New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Trigger Screws
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Japanese Mark V and would like to replace the trigger. The rear screw was "buggered" when I bought it and looks like it will have to be drilled out. The front screw is OK but I tried turning it after using liquid wrench on the top (where it goes into the receiver) and it will not budge. I called Weatherby a while back on this and they did have the rear screw, but not the front.

I have read that these screws are really hard to remove. Anyone have any ideas how to get them out and what I could replace them with (at least the front). At this point I don't care about damaging the trigger as I have a Timney unit to replace it.

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
The best way is to clamp the receiver in the mill and then clamp a Philips screw driver into the chuck or collet and use the mill to put a half a ton of force on it so the screw driver cant torque up and out and then turn the chuck 1/8th turn by hand to break em loose. Then take it out of the mill and they're no problem.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote