New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumb Hole Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My partner has a rotator cuff injury and is looking into having a thumb hole stock placed on his weatherby,he is left handed as I am, any ideas on were to go or who to talk to about these?

[ 02-16-2003, 08:33: Message edited by: Dave James ]

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.wenig.com as they have a lot of the tooling from the old Fajen company. They have the complete price range based on quality desired.

I'm not sure of the web address but Microfit or Microtec(h) has some good stuff as well but my link to their website is on my work computer.

I think you guys will end up loving a thumbhole stock. If you're a little bit unsure you can get certain models that provide both the thumbhole style grip as well as the traditional style rifle grip.

Good luck.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
try reamerrental.com hit the mooseridge stock link.i have 3 of there stocks in thumbhole. there great

Posts: 12 | Location: casper,wyo | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Run from reamerrental, AKA Elkridge Stocks they don't know the difference between a long and short action. no joke!!!!

Posts: 20 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Sniper>
posted
Check out Richard's microfit gunstocks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

It was the "Richards" part that I couldn't remember.

I know you can get an inletted laminant for about $125 as of two years ago.

If you want a little more on looks, namely solid wood, I would take a strong look at Wenig. I actually toured the shop a few years ago and it was impressive. For example, when Shiloh Sharps fills an order for higher grade wood they typically send it to Wenigs for that work. I saw a few items in their vault that were done for some Turkish prince that were quite impressive...I think it was a shotgun stocking.

Again, good luck.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try the Mcmillian-Lazzeroni stock designed by Harry Lawson, or contact Harry Lawson, I think he is in Arizona. I have shot one of his Thumbhole sporters in 300 Win Mag. The rifle shot suprisingly good and handled real well. The fit and finish was excellent.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave James I found an ad for Harry Lawson Co. Since 1965 Custom Stocks- finished or semi-finished- Muzzle breaks, custom metalwork, Catalog $2.00
3328 N. Richey Blvd.
Tuscon, AZ 85716
(520)326-1117

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks group,I'm talking to him this evening nd will pass this on.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

If you have a Weatherby Mark V right hand action and want a left hand thumbhole stock for it? Check out Richards microfit rifle stocks @ http:www.rifle-stocks.com/ If you go down the bargain list until you hit the left hand section, you'll see a left hand thumbhole AAA grade for $90. They will also build a custom laminated stock to what you need. I just bought five stocks off of this list when it first came out.

I have a broken wrist and need a stock with more drop is the pistol grip and there thumbholes fit me fine. Check out the site and you'll see what I meen.

The Big Dog

Posts: 89 | Location: Tacoma, Wash, USA | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote