Find
Notify
Tools

rat-tat-tat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted
Is the sound I heard from behind the shop the other day.
This is a project that my dad is doing. He is a top notch machinist. He has no real interest in Mausers, Just clocks,cars,motorcyles,gatling guns, etc. He says bolt rifles are too simple to be very interesting,He's makeing this with a set of prints that gunmaker (member) provided.
The drum magazine is his own version of one, he says. He fired 10 thru it the other day. There is some cnc work on it, we have a 2 axis proto-trak, which comes in real handy for this low production work. My hat is off to him.
Timan

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Dang! I want one. Big Grin

Very nice work on his part.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
This is what I would call a functional family Big Grin

Great work!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What caliber is it?

Nice machine work!

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Finally a 45-70 that EVERYONE agrees will work on cape buffalo!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Timan, I don't know where you've been or what you're doing here, but we could use many more of you on this forum.

Neat gun.

They have a working replica of a Gatling gun at the SHOT Show every year in on of the smaller booths, I always like to turn the handle and hear it click and wind like a clock inside.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
What a great "Time Machine". Gatlings are loads of fun to shoot.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - all I can say is superb family and work.

I am thinking I need one of those on the quad -- front rack - be interesting Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love Gatlin guns!!! Again, my favorite was the 30mm I used to shoot in my A-10. That thing was unbelievably accurate out to about a mile.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is just awsome !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
jumping
Stu
Thanks for posting that eye candy. It's good to see it coming along very well! Now if I could just find a good brass clock that rolls down hill.
gunmaker

P.S. I hope your wife gave you a good spanking yesterday. I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday!

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
The ultimate would be a gatling clock. One that shoot a 22 into a bullet trap every hour. Or just blanks that would be much more safe, what do you think?
Timan

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
40th, that's right, time flys when your playin with guns. Had a fine party tonight with a few philsners and some friends, even an old gunney from dakota showed up and rifle talk was thruout the house, had a great time, see you in reno, gnmker.
Timan

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
It's a 22lr, dad and I are going to take it out to a dog town when it's done. I'll post more on it then.
Timan

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, but these aren't considered class 3 guns?

Oh, and I'll ask what evrybody else forgot to ask...how much do you think your Dad would ask for another like it (if inclined so)?

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gattlings are NOT considered class 3, unless you motorize them. It takes 1 manual operation to fire each round (turning the crank), there is nothing "automatic" about one.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Timan

Impressive to say the least. Would be great fun to try a handcranked Gattling...

Cheers
/JOHAN