THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a LH Pre-64 Win. Action. NEVER MIND DOH!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
First of all if anyone has one that they would like to part with please PM me. Was there very many LH rifles made? My youngest son is a lefty and I want to get started on his 16th b-day rifle. (still 3 years away) Any leads, comments threats etc. would be greatly appreciated.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe Winchester made any of the original pre-64s in left hand. There were a few gunsmiths that converted them over to left hand, but I doubt there were very many.
The current Winchester Classic comes in a left hand verson, I believe and you'd probably have better luck with one of those.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
There are no pre-64 M-70s made ever.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought based on the fact that I have never seen one. Ok so now it looks like I have to use a new action of some kind. Thanks for the input.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
The new M70 Classic is pretty close to the pre-64 and in some ways maybe better. They can be had in left-handed long and magnum lengths, some in stainless steel if you like. Another choice is the Montana 1999.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote