THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Refinishing Husqvarna dural magazine and floor plate

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinishing Husqvarna dural magazine and floor plate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a process an amateur can follow to satisfactorily refinish these dural pieces? If so, please give some details. Thank you for your help.
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very similar to how I did it 30 years ago when I was doing blueing.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having it reanodized is relatively inexpensive, if you disassemble the parts yourself. There are several shops on line that offer it.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a $2.00 rattle can of black high gloss laquer paint will give you a finish very close to new. No runs and dries in a couple of hours. Takes more time to prep and remove the old finish.

Posts: 85 | Location:  | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Before deciding to do the job, I think I will check out some persons who specialize in doing this work. Any recommendations?
Dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amelon

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A proper anodizing , especially 'hard anodize' will be the most durable .

one of us
posted Hide Post
Amelon Firearms

US ANODIZING

Both of these companies do hard coat, milspec II & III anodizing. Your best result may come if you blast the original coating off of all the Aluminum. The company will then dye the piece evenly, and can apply the full process (120 grit/mesh Aluminum Oxide blast).

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote