New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom .22 work?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was given an older Win M52 barreled action that I'd like to have done as a custom gum. Is there a gunsmith that specializes in .22's?

[ 05-16-2003, 21:29: Message edited by: Recoil Rob ]

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
I was given an older Win M52 barreled action that I'd like to have done as a custom gum. Is there a gunsmith that specializes in .22's?

Vic Olsen did mine back from the days when you couldn't get a Win 52 sporter and He takes a target version and makes it into a custom 52 sporter-type with upgraded wood and his work is great.....I talked to him a couple of years ago and don't know if he is still doing work? and you'll have to check to find a current listing....the Custom Gunsmith Guild should have him listed if he is still working....and if he is not then he might have a reccomendation of someone he likes their work......the wood/checkering,metal fit and blue is first rate and 52's were his speciality? enjoy and good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whoever you use get references first. There are a lot of fools around who claim to be 'smiths...

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:

There's a place on the Connecticut coastline whose name I've forgotten that does .22 triggers.

Tom

Posts: 14597 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Daddy T ACP,
I contacted the ACGG and they said he is not now, nor has ever been a member. If you come across more info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, rob

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote