New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 600 Bolt Disassembly
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My Model 600 in 308 is in need of a cleaning, I've managed to do everything but take the bolt apart and clean and lube it. Does anyone know of a page or site that has this information, or can someone walk me through it?
Thanks, Lewis

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your 600 bolt disassembles just like the 700's. There are a couple of tools you can buy to make it easier for about $10 or try this:

You will need a vise, straight screwdriver and a dime or penny. Lock the screwdriver in the vise with the tip exposed to where you can hook the bolt cocking piece on it. You will find the cocking piece on the bottom of the bolt at the rear. You want to hook the cocking piece on the tip of the screwdriver, being careful not to slip off. Apply downward pressure on the bolt and when the cocking piece protrudes far enough from the shroud you will see a slot cut in it. Place the dime or penny in the slot and slowly release the pressure. The coin will keep the cocking piece from fully retracting and you will be able to unscrew the firing pin and shroud from the bolt body.

Clean the parts, lube the spring and cam area on the back of the bolt before reassembling. Once you screw the firing pin back in apply enough pressure to remove the coin ensuring that the cocking piece is not in the valley of the cam area but lined up with the small indent at the top. Or, as along as it is screwed in as far as it will go once the coin is out and the pressure released from the screwdriver you can rotate the shroud by hand to lock it into the small indent.

I hope this helps.

[ 07-04-2003, 00:43: Message edited by: Byron ]

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Byron,
Thanks for the info, I thought it was similar to the 700 but wanted verification.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Byron,

Welcome to Accurate Reloading. I can tell by your response to that post that you'll be a handy member to have on board. It sounds like you might write for a living. You wouldn't be a Procedures Analyst by any chance? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote