New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nesika Bay Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anybody had any experience with Nesika Bay actions? Specifically the K action, I am looking to maybe use one for a Tactical rifle. It will most liekly be wearing a palma contour barrel, so weight shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Speedy>
posted
Dan

I have a model T action that I'm going to make into a 300 WSM (just waiting on the reamer). It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You will probably find more of the type of info you're interested in at www.benchrest.com where this action along with the Hall, Viper, BAT, Kelbly's, etc. are often discussed.

I know that Nesika is considered top of the line and often will be the action of choice for those few hunters that make a hunting rifle by starting with a $900+ action.

I've considered building a bench rifle and would be hard pressed not to select the Nesika counterbored action...something different.

Good luck.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Wasn`t Arnold Arms action a slightly modified Nesika??

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No. My understanding is that AA's action was made by Nesika for AA to AA's specs. It was not a Nesika action. (not even close) The Nesika is an excellent action, and will work well for what you are considering it for. Also, Glen and Co. at Nesika are good people to work with. ...ol blue

[ 01-27-2003, 04:11: Message edited by: ol blue ]

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys.
One more question, who makes scope bases for these actions?

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, I think there are a few ways you can go. I would talk to the guys at Nesika and see what they are recommending these days. ...ol blue

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nesika also makes a wonderful base for their action. They are proud of it but it is a work of art and appears to be one with my Nes. action. They can make whatever height or taper you want.=

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote