Find
Notify
Tools

Export/import rifle to Australia?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G’day all,
I just discovered that a rifle I ordered is not coming.
Now, I placed an order here with Winchester Australia for a Win Model 70 EW in 264WM and was told today that production of that rifle has ceased, this is total BS as they are still listed on the website.

So, can anyone here tell me the best place to source one and the best prices, or whom to export through?

I imported a rifle several years ago, but I took possession of it there and brought it back with me, a different process is needed to do it from here.

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be quicker to fly over and get this one.... Add about 1,000 bucks to the price to get it here through dealers.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done some gun work for fellas in Aus, just need to ship to an exporter and thene he ships to you. Interested in a pre-64 featherweit 264?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Near as I can tell,. each AU state seems to have their own rules. Probably need to get import permit to AU, then deal with the US rules,,,exporter can handle that I think . Last time I did that cost about $400.00 US

Posts: 3615 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for replying, I have the cash sitting here, it doesn’t bother me paying extra. Every place I enquired with wanted me to provide an FFL dealer to ship to, this info I do not have yet. This is where I am struggling to get help with.
I know what to do this end, it’s the US end I need help with.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote