Find
Notify
Tools

M96 Upgrades?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted
Does anyone know where to get a three-position wing safety and the parts to make a Mauser M96 cock on opening? If not, does anyone know someone who can do it? If so, does the whole rifle have to be shipped, or just the bolt? Thanks.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed LaPour gunsmithing in Washington state. 3 position safety is the m70 type with a new cocking piece and spring.
I would guess that the entire action with trigger is needed to be timed when worked on.
A lot of work and $$ for what a 98 mauser already does.
Bob

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted Hide Post
Manhasset, Yep, I found them and they want about half the price of my rifle for the parts.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have a few of these M96 safties left over from before I sold the tooling to Ed.

PM inbound.

James Wisner
Custom Metalssmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe so, but I have one of these units on a Swede and I've never seen a better one. I've installed several different makes of 3-position-safety bolt sleeves and his (originally PME/James Wisner) are the best I've found. Also, they're probably the ONLY ones made for this particular rifle these days. I recommend his products highly, anything I've ever used that came from Wisner's shop has been top-notch, simply THE BEST in my opinion.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I completely agree and only wish that Jim was still in business, or, even better, that he would move to BC and start his business here!

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Mr. Wisner,

Do you have some Kimber type bases and rings? Please sen me a PM if you have.

Thank you!

PH