New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas gunsmith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone recommend a good gusmith in Dallas? I have a springfield sporter which has a follower that moves back and forth on the follower spring causing some occassional loading problems. one 'smith said he had repaired it, however, while in Zim it acted up again.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
When I was looking for a smith in Dallas Tip Burns came up more thane one. He is not local but south a few hours..

http://www.burnsgunrepair.com/

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ropes:
When I was looking for a smith in Dallas Tip Burns came up more thane one. He is not local but south a few hours..

http://www.burnsgunrepair.com/

254 miles from my house, more or less. I made the trip last weekend. You can ship the rifle to him as well.

analog_peninsula had some work done at a place outside Greenville, if I recall correctly, and I had some work done at Williamson Precision Gunsmithing in Hurst. At this time I would go back to Tip for more work.

Ropes -- did you find someone when you needed work done?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you; Charles: I had forgotten about Lou Williamson; did not even know he was in business. He stocked the rifle for me

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
Thank you; Charles: I had forgotten about Lou Williamson; did not even know he was in business. He stocked the rifle for me

This is the contact info I have:

Williamson Precision Gnsmthng
(817) 285-0064
117 W Pipeline Rd
Hurst, TX 76053

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
I did not get around to talking to Tip hopefull next year in the spring.

All projects and a first safari were put on hold this year. If you think guns and hunting are expensive try putting one of your children in Rehab..

It was the best money ever spent she and I just shared a wonderful christmas together.

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post

All projects and a first safari were put on hold this year. If you think guns and hunting are expensive try putting one of your children in Rehab..

It was the best money ever spent she and I just shared a wonderful christmas togethe

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was the best money ever spent she and I just shared a wonderful christmas togethe

I am very glad to hear that it worked out for you -- sounds like money well spent indeed.

Merry Christmas!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was the best money ever spent she and I just shared a wonderful christmas together.

Should help all of us keep our hobbies in perspective. There is much more to life. Glad everything worked out and best wishes for a great New Year.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21381 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McClellands gunshop has been in Dallas for many years. They do warranty work for some of the factory guns. I have not used them personally.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.rayssportinggoods.com/

call and ask for the gunsmith shop upstairs. they have done a few jobs for me and no complaints

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote