Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone make drop in laminate stocks ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
I'm looking to get rid of the cheap plastic stock on my Savage long action. Does anyone make 100% drop in laminate stocks ?? I'm aware of richards Micro fit stocks, but have no experience with bedding astock. Thanks.

bowhuntr

[ 11-19-2002, 20:16: Message edited by: bowhuntrrl ]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would second the Boyd's suggestion, for a long action, and add in MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com), who sell the Savage factory laminates for ~$120.

If I may hijack your thread for a moment, how about some pointers for finding a drop in laminate for a Savage 110 SHORT action?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that McMillian claims there remington stocks fit savage 110 actions as well.

Could be mistaken on that though.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just put a Boyd's nutmeg laminate JRS Classic on a Savage 110 .338 win. The action dropped in well but I had to open the barrell channel dur to the heavier barrell--to be expected. Decellerator and glass bedding later and the rifle shoots moa. Consider their "lightweight" option in which they bore out the butt and foreend to reduce weight. Also, you'll need to order the fore end screw gromet/washer if your synthetic stock doesn't have one you can remove (I don't think they do) or ask the folks at Boyd about providing it--it doesn't come with the rifle. Nice inexpensive stock.

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote