Find
Notify
Tools

Jbelk
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I also think Brian is honest in his reports. He's been on a couple other boards I frequent over the years and he is as honest as anyone I can think of and a heck of a lot more patient and tolerant of BS than most. This whole mess is just a damn shame all the way around.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I was staying out of this and just watching but since I was also one of those who had work with Jack I will relate how things finally were settled.

When I was finally able to make contact after several e-mails, phone calls , and letters (with self addressed stamped envelope enclosed), he told me of the problems he was having and could make no estimate of delivery. I asked that he send the action "as is". While I was not happy with some of the work on the action I did ask for "as is" so I have no way of knowing if he planned to clean things up a little more or not and I have no possition for further arguemnt on it. Jack was honest and up front with me. Not only did I have the action in less than a week but he also sent along a check for the "unused" portion of my deposite. I did not make any mention of the deposite. I was willing to settle for just getting the action. So in the end Jack treated me fairly even though I had gotton quite frustrated attempting to reach him. He was supposed to order, chamber, and install a barrel, install custom mounts, and do some other work. I was no longer willing to waite. But as I said in the end we came to a mutually equitable solution.

I cannot vouch for how he has treated others or the quality of his work other than on my action. But as I said I asked him to just box it up as is and send it to me which he did and then some.

I beleive he had some troubles and he was overcome by them. I hope everyone else is able to come to some sort of resolution from this. It is a shame for I too learned much from his postings and I did enjoy his sence of humor.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote