Tools

Re: Rem 700 Action Length
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted
Thx for info Dan

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it should. You may have to do a little bedding work (and you should anyway), but they are the same length. For the record, Rem only makes two lengths of 700 action, short and long. Everything else is boltface, magazine, etc. The 7 and 600/660 actions are differenr from the 700's, but only in the back half of the receiver. 788's are completely different actions. 721 (long action) and 722 (short action) are the predescessors to the 700. There was also a 725, which was sort of a deluxe 721/722 with a different safety and floorplate arrangement. Before that was the 30 and 720, which are variations of the military P14/17 rifles. I hope I made this clear enough, sometimes I ramble. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
I feel kinda dumb asking this, but is the action length used for the RUMs the same as the long action used for std length cartridges such as the .338 Win? The reason I ask is that I have a line on a 7mm RUM laminated take-off stock and want to know if it will fit a 700 BDL .338 mag barreled action.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote