THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I put in the new Glock RSA (recall) and...
 Login/Join

Picture of lucy11
posted
So I put in the new Glock RSA (recoil spring assembly) that was recalled a while back… and I’m not sure if I like it. Has anyone else had any of these issues? Out of 100 rounds I had 3 stove pipes which I never had with the old RSA and most concerning of all when I got home and broke it down for cleaning I had a fine dust of what turned out to be brass all over the barrel, chamber and the underside of the slide. Not good! I was using the same ammo, same load , bullet and case same everything as I was with the original factory spring. I think I’m putting the old RSA back in. Anyone else has issues with this?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this a Gen 4 gun? I would go to the Glockstore.com and buy a new one.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of lucy11
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a Gen 4.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go to Glockstore.com and click on the Gen 4 Specific Parts link on the left side. The RSAs are $50-$80. Well worth the trade.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how do you tell if you have a gen 4??

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
how do you tell if you have a gen 4??

Is the RSA a two piece assembly? Can you change the backstrap? The G4 magazine button is bigger. The G4 grip is textured with what I call little square nubs. G4 has MBS above trigger guard on right side, which stands for Modular Backstrap System.

Those are the main exterior differences.

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lucy11:
Yes, it's a Gen 4.

quote:
Originally posted by larrys:

Is the RSA a two piece assembly? Can you change the backstrap? The G4 magazine button is bigger. The G4 grip is textured with what I call little square nubs. G4 has MBS above trigger guard on right side, which stands for Modular Backstrap System.

YAYA!!!!

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote