New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arnold Griebel engraver question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I assume he is deceased, does anyone know the date of his death?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My notes say he was born Dec, 20th 1890 and died in 1970.
I have not verified birth or death.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, makes me feel better, just bought a gun engraved and signed by him in early 60s and wanted to verify that he was still alive at that time. I appreciate the help.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're very lucky to have an example of his work!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane:

Thanks, I know. He was widely respected in his day.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He must have worked until close to the end of his life as he did projects for me in 1964 and 1965. His execution on those two rifles was as good as I've seen on his earlier work.