New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77/22 conversions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am sure this is a dumb question to the knowing... but can a Ruger 77 rimfire be converted to a centerfire, to shoot the 22 Hornet?

I was thinking of the converting a 17 HMR to a 17 K Hornet or 20 K Hornet...if it was possible...

If it isn't, don't laugh at me too much for the idea... I just hate the 17 HMR, and the price has gone so high on this rifle, no one wants to pay what they are worth anymore....

Its like a fancy car that gets really bad gas mileage..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i kinda think by the time you'd be done that it might be cheaper to sell the hmr and use the $$ to buy another centerfire rifle

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could also buy a 22 Mag barrel to replace the 17 HMR. If you want the 22 Hornet, it would be much cheaper to sell your 77/22 and buy one in 22 Hornet.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want the 22 Hornet, it would be much cheaper to sell your 77/22 and buy one in 22 Hornet.

CZ 527 .22 Hornet in any of it's various forms!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPa...63/products_id/31198

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's best form is a .221 Big Grin

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote