New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing Timney tigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I ordered a Timney trigger to install in my Rem. 700, using the factory safety. While I'm no certified gunsmith, I have messed with actions a bit...but, except for installing a Timney "drop in" trigger replacement for my Ruger 77, I've never installed a trigger. Is this something someone with half a brain can do or should I spare the few I have left and take it to a 'smith. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you installed a drop in Ruger 77 trigger (especially a MKII trigger) then you got no worries with installing the Remington trigger. Drive out two pins, watch out for the bolt stop, install the Timney and insert the two pins. That's it (simplified of course) but you'll have little trouble, if you can walk and chew gum at the same time (if you can't get a case of doublemint and practice, practice, practice).
Good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bobby. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope well.....I like Juicy Fruit better!

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote