THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Hats off to Talley and Swarovski (and Jewell and McMillan)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats off to Talley and Swarovski (and Jewell and McMillan)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Carried out a somewhat extreme test of these products this morning by virtue of dropping my rifle down a 12foot metal high seat hitting every rung on the way down (hint when squirrels remove the foam from the shooting rail it becomes very slippery and allows the rifle to slide around Mad either hold onto it or don't turn around)

Rifle collected some large gouges on the stock and floorplate. The swaro PF6x42 recieved a massive clout partialy splitting the butler creek. The cheekpiece hit hard enough to partially de-laminate.

Zero is untouched! Pretty impressive I'd say.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice one!
I remember the sick feeling I had while on a Sheep hunt and I and my rifle took a tumble in the slide rock. After hiking partway out and checking zero that "sick feeling" went away.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your mishap, 1894. Just goes to show, even rifles used for hunting from a high seat occasionally get dinged up pretty well... Frowner

I could never really bring myself to hunt with fancy guns. Hey, the modest looking ones shoot just as well, and it is less of a heartache when they get dinged up. But I guess that is just me...

Glad to hear your expensive Swaro survived - even kept zero, no less!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote