Find
Notify
Tools

Want to replace antique shotgun stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted
It may not be worth the effort to repair this old shotgun. It is a Harrington and Richardson .44 cal. shotgun. The rear portion of the shock is broken off. about an inch behind the action. The metal is getting rusty with age. I wouldn't shoot it. I'm interested in it mostly as a wall hanging. Who would be able to either repair it or offer a shotgun stock blank for it? Thanks. Bill in Arkansas.

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You might try a stock from a newer model H&R to see if it's close to fitting. Other than that you're probably looking at a custom-made stock.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You probably have a M1905, which is a very small action and much smaller than the later guns. You might try here: www.gunville.com
Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Good suggestions. Thanks. Bill

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even though I have not been completely happy with some used parts from this company, they may have a stock. You'll need to identify the exact model of the gun-
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ca...d=275310B&catid=8078

Here is the page of all the H&R Models-
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ca...ucts.aspx?catid=7889

I would expect there are used stocks available from other old gun parts dealers that might be more appropriate for a wall hanger if someone can point you in that direction.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote