Find
Notify
Tools

yugo m24/47 or m48 stock pattern
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted
anyone know a stock cutter with a pattern for an intermediate? i know the biesens here in spokane don't.... looking for a straight combed (richards modern classic) style, but not from richards... Big Grin

jeffeoso, bill soverns, donny gemes, anyone?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
any small ring pre 98 stock can be made to work. Just ask that extra wood be left in the tang area as well as the front & rear of the bottom metal where the screws go. A little extra work for you but this opens up a lot more patterns for your use.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you like the Richards design but don't want to risk good wood with them, just purchase a utility grade stock or cheap factory second, make sure it's right then send the stock and your wood to someone you do trust.

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunstocks.com/highmaus.html

Maybe a little more "germanic" classic than what you are looking for, but they at least have the pattern.

Posts: 161 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
You should be able to use a small ring stock such as a 93, 94, 95 or 96 and just make the front receiver ring larger I would think. My 24 has a 95 triggerguard on it and it wasn't that hard to adapt from a 95 stock.

As others have mentioned, I would ask for a little wood to be left in some areas.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote